5/15/2012

31 Day Challenge Day 30: Inspired by a Tutorial

Hi Everyone!  I have been waiting to try this manicure for WEEKS! Fish egg nails!  The first tutorial I saw on it was the one MissJenFABULOUS did HERE, so that is the one I based this off of.  I used Sephora by OPI It's All About Me and Butter London Slapper for the under color, then Reflections microbeads.  I really like how this looks, I do think it looks much better in person than in pictures.  I have also learned for next time that you should set the beads and then NOT TOUCH THEM until they are fully dry.  I kept fiddling with them and by the time I took pictures (5 minutes later) I already had a few little holes.  :-(  It's not nearly as noticeable in real life as it is in the picture, but with macro focus you definitely pick up all the dead pixels.  All in all, this is a really fun manicure and I want to play with more of them!


I think between this and the flocking powder manicure I've decided I really like using different textures with my nails.  However, I am only giving this until tomorrow around 2PM before most of the beads are gone and I give up and pick the rest off .  We'll see.


30 days down, 1 to go!  This has been so fun, but I am looking forward to giving my nails (and poor dried out cuticles) a rest!

2 comments:

  1. Gum Drops! I'll bet you CHEW them off by 2:00 PM ;>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the teal ones came off in the shower and I scraped the few remaining pink ones off as soon as I got to work at 8:30. Not sure delicate textural things are for compulsive pickers.

      Delete