3/19/2012

Hunger Games Week!!

The Hunger Games comes out at the end of the week so I thought I'd celebrate by using my China Glaze Capitol Colors collection every day this week!  Today I have Foie Gras with Luxe and Lush layered on top of it.

Foie Gras is a mauve-y taupe creme.  Perhaps a puce?  Mauve-y taupe is more pleasant sounding, so we'll go with that.  Like all the China Glaze polishes I've tried, it has a super smooth formula and is opaque and smooth with 2 coats.  It's a much more sedate color than I usually go for, but I like it.






And then I put Luxe and Lush over it!  I really like how this turned out.  It reminds me of fall foliage in the woods, which is super apropos for The Hunger Games...it makes me think of Katniss and Gale hunting.  :-)

I'd only put on one layer of top coat at this point, and you can see the flakies were not at all flat!  While that went with the leafy look I didn't want bits of flake poking up so I added another layer of top coat and it took care of that problem.

Micro of the flakes.  You can see some of the blue/green it reflects in the light.  Most of the pictures only really got coppery gold glints, but there is definitely some blue green in there.

This is still before I added the 2nd layer of top coat.





**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**
Colors Used: China Glaze Foie Gras & Luxe and Lush
Technique: Layering
Purchased: Sally
Verdict on the colors: Love both.  I think this is my favorite base I've tried Luxe and Lush over so far.  Pretty sure China Glaze is my favorite brand right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment