2/29/2012

Purple Star

I was looking for a base color to use with a silver star stamp and realized I hadn't tried my Finger Paints Be a Pal-ette yet!  I thought I had read good things about this brand on other blogs, but I was really unimpressed with the formula/application.  I wonder if I got a bad bottle?  It was streaky and dried super fast, which left worse streaks when I dragged the brush through tacky polish.  It somewhat smoothed out by the 3rd coat.  I'm disappointed in what a pain it was to apply because I love the color!  It's such a pretty shade of purple with little glitter flecks.  I also REALLY liked it with Celeb City stamped over it, and then I went and added a top coat and messed it all up.  My NYC shiny top coat is apparently getting old, and it bubbled.  I will probably try this color combo again with a new top coat.  :-)






**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**~~*~**
Colors Used: Finger Paints Be a Pal-ette (base), Sally Hansen Celeb City (stamp)
Technique: BM05
Purchased: Finger Paints at Sally, Celeb City at Kroger or CVS
Verdict on the colors: Irritated with the application on Be a Pal-ette, but I loved the color so much I'll use again.  Celeb City is still one of my favorite stamping polishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment